ANTAR BHARATI BALGRAM SCHOOL, established in 1982
An English medium school on the campus, from classes KG to X, ensures the educational needs of the children of Balgram. The school is also open to children from the neighbouring rural villages.
Our school fulfills all the criteria of the new government RIGHT TO EDUCATION ACT - RTE. This ensures that:
- We have ownership of the land on which the school is situated
- We have well planned permanent structures for all classes
- We have continuous power supply
- We have a full fledged science lab, library, computer lab, and these are supported by audio visual systems.
- We also support the initiative of the government to reduce the number of drop outs among girls.
The main reason being that they need special separate and clean toilets for girls.This too is ensured by us.
- Not only do we have two large playgrounds for football and cricket, but we also have a playground with a variety of physical structures for the enjoyment of younger children. A variety of indoor games are also encouraged.
- All our staff are trained graduates and regular training programmes are planned to keep them upto date with modern teaching methods.
Extra-curricular activities include music, taekwondo, art, etc. We have won laurels at inter-school and inter-district levels.
Projects are encouraged each year to ensure a wider scope of knowledge for the children.
Introduction of latest technology in the teaching process, as well as training and workshops for teachers are a regular feature.